I love chalkboard paint. It can turn so many old, outdated items into fun and functional art for you home. Chalkboard paint can come in a variety of colors so don’t feel like you have to use black. Use a color that compliments your home.
I found my old doors at Stardust building supply for $4 each. The door handles were 50 cents each.
1. Clean and sand the doors. Fill in any holes left over from other handles or knobs.
2. Attach your new handles.
3. Paint your chalkboard paint letting dry between coats.
4. Add bumpers to the bottom to protect your counter top.
5. Embellish with wood, left over jewelry or anything you love.
6. Follow the directions on the chalk paint container to “season” your board.
I used chalkboard paint pens vs. chalk. I really don’t like the powder residue near my food from chalk. Speaking of food, the chalkboard paint is not food grade. Be sure to add paper under your food to be safe.