I was thrilled to be asked to be a guest artist for Second Inspired Soles: A stiletto shoe auction to benefit Artlink Phoenix. The show is back by popular demand among patrons and local artists for its second year.
Local designers, artists and celebrities have custom-decorated the stilettos.
Those of you who live in the Phoenix Metro Area are getting a sneak peek!
All of the stilettos will be unveiled and auctioned on April 5, 2013, during First Friday in Downtown
Phoenix at the 6th Avenue Gallery (located on the southwest corner of Sixth Avenue and
McKinley, one block south of Roosevelt. The gallery is in the basement level of the
The stilettos will remain on display throughout the month of April.
A portion of the proceeds will benefit Artlink Phoenix, a nonprofit organization dedicated to linking artists, business and the public to better understand, appreciate and promote the thriving arts community in Central Phoenix.
Sassy Sonoran Stilettos
Designed by: Terri O
Plain Black Stilettos
Red Paint (I used Master’s Touch Acrylic in red)
White 3 Dimensional Paint
Hot Fix Rhinestones
Round Sponge Dauber
1. You will have to do the shoes in stages so that each step dries. First I did the zebra stripes on the
platform of each shoe and let it dry.
2. Paint the bottom red. You may need several coats of paint. Let dry in between each coat.
3. With the round sponge dabber, add the polka dots to your shoes and let dry.
4. Place two rows of hot fix rhinestone to the heel.
5. Keep in mind this was my creation. Yours may look different but that does not mean it is wrong!
Embrace your own creativity!!