If you would rather not pay $20 or $30 or more for designer sandals or flip flops, here is my super simple way to add beads and bling!
The great thing is, it costs just pennies and a few minutes of your time to craft. Update your summer swimsuit and sandals with some beads and bling. I used last years shoes and an inexpensive pair I bought for a dollar.
Adding spice to a swim suit is just as simple!
2 pair of plain sandals or flip flops
assorted beads (or buttons or a combination of the two)
hot fix tool
Beaded Bling Sandals:
1. First lay out your beads in the order you want them to be placed on your shoe. String it with beads. You will need about 3 times the length of the strap for the wire.
2. Attach the wire by pushing it thru the spot where it is attached to the bottom of the shoe. Wrap it around the rubber knob that secures the strap to the shoe. Simply wrap the wire around the shoe strap and place a bead on top each time your wrap it.
3. Once your reach the end, secure it into the bottom of the little knob that secures the strap. If your shoes break our wear out, because they are pretty cheap, simply cut the wire and remove the beads.
1. I used a hot fix tool to adhere the beads. For the larger beads make sure you use FLEXIBLE glue.
1. I just added a few beads on a head pin to give an old suit some new life.
If you’d like to see how, click here!
Patricia from New York won my DVDs this week.
You could be next if you leave a comment that you have contacted your local station.
One winner chosen each Friday, announced on Saturday.