Say that the chairs in your guest room or the couch in your living room are a print that you love but looking around the room you wish you could simply and inexpensively bring that design element into the rest of the room.
It is super simple to make your own matching accent canvases to decorate your home! Here’s how:
- 8 x 10 framed canvas. (I used the one inch think.)
- Thick craft foam
- Acrylic paint
- Glue gun
- Paper plate
- Inspiration (mine was the fabric)
- First decide on what kind of pattern you want make. I did a flower. I drew out my design on a piece of paper then cut each part of the flower out. There were about 4 or 5 pieces to the flower. The center, a long petal, a short petal and a leaf. Use the paper cut outs as your pattern.
- Lay your pattern on a sheet of thick white craft foam and trace around it. Cut out each piece. Use some of your scraps and glue them onto your foam cut out pieces to make a handle. Just glue them on top of each other.
- Before you start stamping you might want to try out a design on a piece of paper. That way you can see what colors work and experiment with different designs.
- When you are ready paint each piece with some acrylic paint and stamp your design onto the canvas. If your stamp does not leave a perfect impression don’t stress! I kind of like that look. But if you don’t you can easily go over it with a paint brush and make it perfect.
- If you decide to layer colors you will want to make sure that the paint is dry before stamping over it.
- Let your canvas dry and hang it on the wall for all to see and marvel over.
And if you want the video tutorial from Sonoran Living, click here.