This Halloween craft project will take back to kindergarten. You remember dipping fabric into watery glue and making people don’t you? Well you have come full circle with this one. It is so simple yet so very, very clever. Make them big or small or both! Level: way easy
Fabric stiffener ( I used Stiffy by Plaid)
Splat mat (I highly recommend you get one of these! They are great for many reasons )
Black felt for eyes and mouth
Small terra cotta pot
Styrofoam (1 to fit snuggly inside the pot and 1 large for the head and 2 small for the arms.)
- Make a form for your ghost. This is how I made mine but you can come up with your own idea too. Insert the large Styrofoam ball into the pot. Insert the dowel into the Styrofoam and add the head to the top.
- Insert dowels into the Styrofoam for the arms. Wrap plastic wrap around the Styrofoam so that the cheesecloth won’t stick.
- Cut a piece of cheesecloth making sure it is big enough to drape over the form.
- Set the pot on the mat in a place where you can leave it over night.
- Saturate the cloth with Stiffy and drape over your form. Mold it and shape it the way you like it. Let dry.
- Once dry, pull out the form and cut round eyes and a mouth. Glue it to your ghost.