We spend hours preserving photos of enjoyable events.
Why not do the same with other items that mean something special to us? This project is a great way to showcase special mementos from an important event in your life, or make a unique gift.
I designed the shadow box (below, left) for my BFF Steve.
You can also create shadow boxes from paper and embellishments, vacation mementos, found objects, or collections of your treasures. It’s super simple!
You will need:
· Framed shadow box
· Craft glue or glue dots
· The items you want to include
· Paper or fabric for the background
- Take apart your shadow box frame and cut out your paper for the background. Glue the paper to the inside background.
- Lay out your design on the paper or fabric before you glue anything down.
- Once you are happy with your layout, paying attention to the layers you want, glue the items you have chosen down.
- Stand you project upright to make sure everything is secure.
- If you want, write in the corner or on the back of the box if appropriate , the date or event your shadow box commemorates.
- Reassemble your frame and enjoy!
Tip: I added a family picture to one of my shadowboxes. To this day it remains one of my favorite keepsakes.