Mom will love to get one of these projects for Mother’s Day! Especially since it includes the hands of the little ones she loves so much.
- 1 good quality canvas. I used a 12 x 12 for two kids. If you have more than two kids you might want to consider buying a larger size.
- Scrapbook paper with patterns on both sides. Try to stick with one theme or grouping to keep all your colors and patterns consistent.
- Adhesive runner or glue.
- Permanent markers
- Handprints for a template
Instructions & Tips:
- Trace and cut out each child’s handprint. Cut out two prints for each child.
- Have kids write their message along the top before you glue the handprints.
- Place and glue the handprints to look like flowers.
- Draw the stems and leaves to each flower. You can even have each child write their name and date.
- Using heavy cardstock cut out two handprints. Write on the top handprint “I Love you” and lay them open.
- Cut a strip of cardstock about 1 inch wide and fold like an accordion. Open accordion and write “this much”. Glue each end to the inside of each hand.
- Tie the hands together with a ribbon.
You can watch me make this project on Sonoran Living.